Saturday, July 12, 2014

SAVE ME !

I am 8 years old. I am lying here in one of the dark holes in GAZA. I cannot breathe. There is blood everywhere. I am dying! I am not alone. My mother was with me when I heard a loud explosion. I can see my mother right now. But she is not moving. I cannot see her blinking her eyes. It is like she is constantly watching me.  I don't know whether she is dead or alive. I think she is asking me to cry for help. But I am afraid that if I cry out there will  be more explosions.
 I don't remember exactly what happened. All I remember is that they found dead bodies of three Israelis and then they kidnapped one of the Palestinian Muslims and burnt him alive. We protested with the stones in our hands and they reacted with bombs. They start dropping bombs from fighter planes. One of the bombs fell on our house and everything went black. I woke up in this dark hole, dying along with my mother. My father has already gone somewhere. He went yesterday to bring something to eat and has not returned since. I am still hungry and waiting for him. Maybe he will come and save us if he is still alive. My mother told me that if I keep fast without eating or drinking I will get a greater reward from God. My mother told me that we are in a state of war. We are fighting for our land, for our rights . But I asked her a question which she never answered. If we don't have an army, no air force, no navy, then how we are fighting ? I asked her why is no one helping us? Why are they killing us, we did not do anything?  Why media is not telling the world that they are killing us ? She only answered with tears and said that God is there to protect us.
I read in my textbook that there are about 7 billion people in the world. I don't know how much a billion or how big this world is. I know only people. They are cruel. They are busy watching the World Cup. I saw missiles coming from over the wall. Some people must have fired them to kill us, but I have done nothing wrong. My father or mother never killed or hurt anyone. Why are these people killing us? Before we moved into our house we had been living in a refugee camp. Life was very difficult there. I hate those people now. I think they are all the same. Those who are killing us and those who are not helping us are all the same.
 Why is not anyone trying to stop this so-called war. Where are the Muslim countries, where are the Muslim leaders, where is the Muslim nuclear power, Pakistan. I don't need their leader's criticism, I don't need their protests. I need their help. I need my parents. I need food. I am dying of thirst. I am dying of heat. I am dying here now. Please save me. I am begging for help. I promise I will not disobey  anyone, I will never tell a lie. I want to be a doctor. Don't let my dreams die.
These people are not humans. Please save me from them. I am dying here, please save me!





1 comment:

  1. What can I say... Nothing but to pray to help them n oh Allah plz plz plz open our eyes... Ameen

    ReplyDelete